Patriotic Cheesecake Strawberries
5 lbs. fresh strawberries, hulls removed
2 packages (16 oz.) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1 box (3.4 oz.) cheesecake flavored instant pudding
1 container (8 oz.) whipped topping, thawed
Blue sugar decors
1. Using a sharp knife, carve out the center (hull) of each strawberry, as deep as you can without carving out the bottom.
2. Melt 1 package of Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to package directions. Dip each strawberry in CANDIQUIK®, covering about half of the berry. Sprinkle with blue sugar decors before coating is dry. Place on wax paper to set.
3. For Cheesecake: Melt remaining package of Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to package directions.
4. In a medium bowl, blend softened cream cheese, cheesecake pudding powder and melted Vanilla CANDIQUIK® until smooth. Add the
whipped topping, 1/2 container at a time, and mix until well blended.
5. Spoon the cheesecake mixture into a piping bag (or a plastic bag with one corner snipped off) and pipe the cheesecake into each strawberry, slightly overfilling.
6. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
*For best results, prepare strawberries with cheesecake immediately before serving.