1 box cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix)
1/2 cup cake frosting
2 (16 oz) packages Chocolate or Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
Styrofoam block (to set cake pops in while drying)
Optional: food coloring (oil or powder based only)
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Roll mixture into 1″ sized balls. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to directions on package. (If desired, add oil or powder based food
coloring to Vanilla CANDIQUIK®; stir until blended.)
5. Insert a lollipop stick into each cake ball. Dip cake pops in CANDIQUIK®; allow excess coating to drip off. Decorate with sprinkles. Place in Styrofoam block to set.
TIP: If cake balls become too soft or are not holding their shape while being dipped, place back in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.