Cupcake Cake Bites
1 box vanilla cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix)
1/2 of a (16 oz) container vanilla frosting
1 package (16 oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
1 package (16 oz) Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
40 mini peanut butter cup candies (Reese’s®)
Assorted sprinkles, chocolate chips
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Roll mixture into 1″ sized balls. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package.
5. Dab a small amount of CANDIQUIK® on top of the peanut butter cup and press a cake ball on top, let set.
6. Dip the top of the cake ball into the CANDIQUIK® by holding the end of the peanut butter cup. Slowly pull out and allow most of the excess CANDIQUIK® to drip off; sprinkle and top with a chocolate chip.
TIP: If cake bites become too soft or are not holding their shape while being dipped, place in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.