1 package flaked coconut
Yellow food coloring
1 (16 oz) package Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
24 large marshmallows
1 package pecan halves
24 candy corn
Mini chocolate chips
1. Place coconut and a few drops of yellow food coloring in a plastic bag. Shake until all coconut is colored yellow.
2. On wax paper arrange pecan halves in clusters of three to form base of chicks – two face forward for feet and one perpendicular across back.
3. Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to directions on package.
4. Spoon a small amount of melted CANDIQUIK® on each pecan cluster (to hold together).
5. Dip marshmallows into melted CANDIQUIK®; allow excess coating to drip off. Roll in colored coconut.
6. Press marshmallow on top of pecans.
7. Once set, cut a small opening in the center of the marshmallow and press one piece of candy corn in for beak.
8. Use a dab of CANDIQUIK® to attach two mini chocolate chips as the eyes.