Slam Dunk Cookies
· 6 Tablespoons butter, softened
· 1/2 cup white sugar
· 1 egg
· 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
· 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1 (16 oz.) package Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
· 12 white Reese’s® mini p.b. cups
· Black cake writing icing or food coloring (oil or powder based food coloring only)
· Basketball sugar lay-ons
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Roll out dough on a well-floured surface approx. 1/4 inch thick. Cut into circles (approx. 3″)with cookie cutter.
4. Place cookies 1 inch apart on cookie sheet and bake 6 to 8 minutes. Cool completely.
5. Melt CANDIQUIK® in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to package directions. Dip 3/4 of each cookie in Vanilla CANDIQUIK®. Place on wax paper.
6. Unwrap a peanut butter cup, dip in the CANDIQUIK® and place on the bottom (un-coated) edge of the cookie. Press a basketball decor above the peanut butter cup. Let set.
7. Once set, pipe on the backboard and hoop lines with black-colored CANDIQUIK® or cake writing icing.