Acorn Cake Bites
1 (16 oz.) package Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
1 (16 oz.) package Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
1 box spice cake mix (plus ingredients required for cake)
1/2 cup cream cheese frosting
1 package pretzel sticks
For streusel topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup quick cooking oats
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix all streusel topping ingredients together. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Spread streusel topping loosely over baking sheet.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and cool.
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Shape cake mixture into 1” sized acorn-shaped balls. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Melt both the Vanilla and Chocolate CANDIQUIK® in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Trays according to package directions.
5. Spoon 4 tablespoons of Chocolate CANDIQUIK® into the Vanilla CANDIQUIK®. Stir until well combined.
7. Dip acorn cake balls in CANDIQUIK® and place on wax paper to set.
8. Once set, dip the top 1/3 of each cake bite in melted Chocolate CANDIQUIK®. Sprinkle with streusel topping before coating is set.
9. Attach a small pretzel piece for the stem.