Cinco de Mayo Mexican Spice Truffles
½ cup Heavy cream
¼ teaspoon Ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon Chili powder
⅛ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
5 ounces Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon Butter
1 (16 oz) package Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
1 (16 oz) package Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating (optional)
1. In a small saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine cream and spices. Cook, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a rolling boil.
2. Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Pour cream mixture over chocolate chips and let sit for 2 minutes. Stir until all chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
3. Add butter to warm ganache and mix well. Place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours until firm.
4. Using a teaspoon, roll ganache into 1-inch sized balls. Return to the refrigerator and chill until firm.
5. Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to package directions.
6. Dip ganache balls in melted coating; allow excess coating to drip off.
7. Place on wax paper and allow to set completely.
Melt Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating, mix with spices to taste, and drizzle over truffles.