Baby Cake Pops
1 box white cake mix (plus ingredients required for cake)
1/2 of a (16 oz) container vanilla frosting
2 packages (16 oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
Cake writing icing or Americolor™ Gourmet Writer
Cake decorating shimmer powder (pink), optional
Cupcake/muffin baking cups
Styrofoam block (to set cake pops in while drying)
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Roll mixture into 1″ sized balls. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package.
5. Insert a lollipop stick into each cake ball. Dip cake pops in melted CANDIQUIK®; allow excess coating to drip off and place in Styrofoam block to set.
6. Once dry, draw on faces with Gourmet Writer or cake writing icing. Apply shimmer powder to cheeks.
7. Wrap the baking cup around the cake pop and secure to the lollipop stick with ribbon or tape.
TIP: If cake balls become too soft or are not holding their shape while being dipped, place back in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.