Basketball Cake Balls
1 box cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix)
1/2 of a (16 oz) container cake frosting
2 packages (16 oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
6 oz Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
Orange food coloring (oil or powder based only)
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Roll mixture into 1″ sized balls. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Melt Vanilla CANDIQUIK® in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package. Add orange food coloring until a deep orange color is established.
5. Dip cake balls in CANDIQUIK® and place on wax paper to set.
6. Melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK® in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package. Pour into a piping bag (or plastic bag with a tiny corner snipped off) and pipe on basketball lines.
TIP: If cake balls become too soft or are not holding their shape while being dipped, place back in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.