Basketball Cake Pops
1 box white cake mix (plus ingredients required for cake)
1/2 of a (16 oz) container vanilla frosting
2 packages (16 oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
Orange food coloring (oil or powder based only)
Black decorating gel
Styrofoam block (to set cake pops in while drying)
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Roll mixture into 1″ sized balls. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package. Add a few drops of orange food coloring (oil or powder
based) until desired color is established.
5. Insert a lollipop stick into each cake ball. Dip cake pops in Vanilla CANDIQUIK®; allow excess coating to drip off. Place in Styrofoam block to set.
6. Once set, pipe on basketball pattern with black decorating gel.