Black Bean Truffles
1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1½ Tbsp coconut oil
¼ tsp vanilla extract
2½ Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp chocolate pudding powder (or chocolate protein powder)
5½ Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 (16 oz) package Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
1. Drain and thoroughly rinse black beans. Place beans, coconut oil, vanilla and honey in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add chocolate powder and blend again until combined. (Note: mixture may become very thick and may need to be transferred into a bowl to mix)
2. Using a spatula, scrape mixture into a medium sized bowl and stir in cocoa powder. (note: taste and add more or less to liking)
3. Place mixture in the fridge (or freezer) until somewhat firm, about 20 minutes.
4. Roll mixture into 1″ balls and place on a baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper.
5. Place back in the freezer to chill for approximately 30 minutes.
6. Melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK® in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to package directions. Transfer into a deep cup or mug for easy dipping.
7. Re-shape balls (if needed) and using a toothpick, dip each ball into chocolate coating and place on wax paper to set; sprinkle if desired.
-When dipping truffles, remove only a few at a time, keeping the remaining truffles chilled before being dipped.
-When rolling truffles, wet hands slightly to prevent sticking.
-Keep refrigerated for best taste.