Bumblebee Cake Pops
1 box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix)
1/2 of a (16 oz) container vanilla frosting
2 packages (16 oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
Yellow food coloring (oil or powder based only)
Chocolate jimmies (sprinkles)
Cake writing icing (black)
Styrofoam block (to set cake pops in while drying)
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Roll mixture into 1 1/2″ sized ovals. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Prepare the wings ahead of time by melting the Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package. With a teaspoon, carefully spoon small circular drops of the coating onto wax paper. Make two “wings” for each cake pop.
5. Insert a lollipop stick into each cake ball. Re-melt CANDIQUIK® until smooth and then add yellow food coloring (oil or powder based only) until desired color is established.
6. Dip cake pops in melted CANDIQUIK®; let excess CANDIQUIK® drip off and place in a Styrofoam block to set.
7. Before dry, carefully attach two brown jimmies on the front of the cake pop for the antennas.
8. Once dry, use a black writinc icing to pipe on the stripes.
9. Cut a straight edge on each wing (so it pushes flat against the cake pop), dip the flat edge of the wings into the CANDIQUIK®, then carefully attached it to the cake pop, holding the wings in place until the coating sets.
10. Draw on face with the writing icing.
TIP: If cake bites become too soft or are not holding their shape while being dipped, place back in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.