Cake Bite Single Scoops
1 box cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix)
1/2 cup vanilla frosting
40 waffle ice cream cones
2 (16 oz.) packages Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
8 oz. Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
1 bag M&M’s® (or red candies)
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Roll mixture into 1″ sized balls. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Carefully cut off the top of the waffle cones so the cones measure approximately 2 ½ inches tall.
5. Melt Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to directions on package.
6. Press a cake ball on top of the mini waffle cone. Dip the top of the cake ball into the CANDIQUIK by holding the end of the cone. Slowly allow most of the excess vanilla coating to drip off, letting a little melt down over the cone (gives it the melted look
when dry)! Sprinkle if desired.
7. Stick cones into a Styrofoam block or ice cream cone holder to dry. Once dry, melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK and spoon a small amount on top of each cone allowing it to drip over the sides. Top with a red M&M® candy before chocolate has set.