Cat Cake Pops
1 box carrot cake mix (plus ingredients required for cake)
½ of a container (16 oz) cream cheese frosting
2 packages (16 oz) Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
Assorted decorating sprinkles: heart and triangle shaped
Cake writing icing (white) or Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Roll mixture into 1″ sized balls. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package.
5. Insert a lollipop stick into each cake ball. Dip cake pops in Vanilla CANDIQUIK®; allow excess coating to drip off.
6. To decorate cats: (before coating is set) press a heart-shaped sprinkle on as the nose and 2 triangular sprinkles as the ears. Once dry, draw on eyes, mouth and whiskers with white writing icing or melted Vanilla CANDIQUIK®.
TIP: If cake balls become too soft or are not holding their shape while being dipped, place back in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.