Cherry Stuffed Cake Balls
1 box chocolate cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix)
1/2 cup chocolate frosting
48 maraschino cherries (patted dry)
2 (16 oz) packages Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Chill mixture for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Roll mixture into medium sized balls, create an indent with your thumb and press a (dry) cherry into the center. Form the cake mixture around the cherry.
5. Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to directions on package.
6. Dip cake balls in CANDIQUIK® and place on wax paper to set. Decorate with sprinkles and/or CANDIQUIK® coating.
TIP: If cake bites become too soft or are not holding their shape while being dipped, place in the refrigerator for an additional 20-30 minutes.