Chocolate Cherry Shortbread Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
¼ cup light brown sugar
142 cup granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon almond extract
2¼ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
⅛ teaspoon salt
¾ cups corn flakes, crumbled
⅓ package Log House® Cherry Chips (or desired amount)
8 oz. Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In large bowl combine butter and sugars; beat until creamy. Mix in egg yolks and almond extract.
3. Sift flour and salt together; gradually add to butter mixture and stir to combine.
4. Fold in corn flakes and desired amount of cherry chips.
5. Scoop into tablespoon sized balls and place on baking sheets; flatten in crisscross pattern with fork and bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Once cookies are completely cooled, melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK® in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to package directions.
7. Dip half of each cookie in melted coating and place on wax paper to dry.