Chocolate Coconut Balls
1/4 cup lite corn syrup
2 1/2 cups shredded coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Dash of salt
1 package (16 oz) Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
1. Heat corn syrup in saucepan over medium heat until simmering, stirring frequently.
2. In a medium bowl, mix heated corn syrup with shredded coconut, vanilla and salt. Mixture will be thick and sticky.
3. With hands, form coconut mixture into 1-inch balls, packing firmly. Place on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Chill coconut balls in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
4. Melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to directions on the package.
5. Dip coconut balls in the Chocolate CANDIQUIK®; place on wax paper to set.
6. Garnish with shredded coconut before coating is set.
TIP: If coconut balls become too soft or are not holding their shape while being dipped, place back in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.