Chocolate Kiss® Cake Balls
1 box chocolate cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix)
1/2 cup chocolate frosting
2 (16 oz) packages Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
Aluminum foil, cut into 4.5" square pieces
(40) 2.5” x 1/4” paper strips for notes
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Roll cake mixture into 1” sized balls; pinching the top with your fingers to form a pointy peak. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to directions on package.
5. Dip cake balls in melted Chocolate CANDIQUIK®; place on wax paper to set.
6. Cut small (approx. 4.5”) square pieces of aluminum foil and wrap around each individual cake ball.
7. Cut thin strips of paper to write (or type) notes on. Secure paper notes by tucking into the aluminum foil wrapper, allowing the top 2” to stick out.
TIP: If cake balls start to get gooey or lose their shape when dipping, place in the refrigerator for an additional 20-30 minutes.