Chocolate Stout Cake Truffles
1 box dark chocolate cake mix (+ ingredients for cake mix)
1¼ cups Guinness® Extra Stout Beer
8 Tbsp (1 stick) butter
3-4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
3 Tbsp stout beer (e.g. Guinness®)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2 packages Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
1. Prepare cake as directed on box (substituting water with equal amount, 1-1/4 cups, of porter or stout beer).
2. Crumble cooled cake into a large bowl.
3. Prepare frosting: mix softened butter until fluffy. Slowly add powdered sugar, stout, vanilla, and salt; beat on medium-high for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
4. Add ½ cup of frosting to crumbled cake and mix thoroughly.
5. Roll mixture into 1″ balls and place in the refrigerator for approximately 1 hour.
6. Melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK® in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to package directions. Dip cake balls in chocolate coating and place on wax paper to set.
TIP: For more flavorful cake truffles, allow the cake balls to sit in the refrigerator for 24 hours prior to coating.