Coconut Macaroon Nests
1 package (14 oz.) sweetened, flaked coconut
2/3 cup granulated sugar
6 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 egg whites, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon almond (or vanilla) extract
6 oz. Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
1 bag chocolate egg candy
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Mix coconut, sugar, flour and salt in a large bowl.
3. Lightly beat egg whites and almond extract together by hand. Add to coconut mixture and mix well.
4. Drop by tablespoonful onto a well-greased and floured baking sheet. Press a finger in the center of each macaroon to form an indent for the nest.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Place on a wire baking rack to cool completely.
6. Melt CANDIQUIK® in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to package directions and spoon a small amount into the center of each macaroon. Place 3 chocolate eggs in the chocolate center. Let set.