Cow Cake Pops
1 box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix)
1/2 of a (16 oz) container creamcheese frosting
2 packages (16 oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
4 oz Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
Americolor® Gourmet Writer (black)
Styrofoam block (to set cake pops in while drying)
Yellow Nerds® candies (optional)
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Roll mixture into 1″ sized balls. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package.
5. Insert a lollipop stick into each cake ball and press two peanuts on the top of the cake pop as ears. Dip cake pops in Vanilla CANDIQUIK®; allow excess coating to drip off.
6. Before coating is dry, press a pink colored M&M® on the center of the cake pop as a nose and place in the Styrofoam block to set. Optional: attach 2 Nerds® candies between ears as horns.
7. Melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK® in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package.
8. Use a toothpick dipped in Chocolate CANDIQUIK® to draw spots on the cake pop. Using the edible marker, draw two dots for the eyes and nostrils. Return to Styrofoam block to dry.
TIP: If cake balls become too soft or are not holding their shape while being dipped, place back in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.