Cranberry Orange Bliss Bars
· 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) salted butter, cubed
· 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
· 2 large eggs
· 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1/2 cup dried cranberries
· 6 oz. Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating, coarsely chopped
· 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
· 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
· 6 oz. Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating, melted
· 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
· 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13×9-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
2. Prepare the blondie layer: In a medium bowl, melt butter in the microwave; stir in brown sugar. Use an electric mixer to beat in the eggs and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; gradually add the dry mixture to the butter mixture.
4. Fold in the cranberries and chopped CANDIQUIK® (the batter will be thick).
5. Spread the blondie batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 18-21 minutes until edges are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not over bake). Cool completely on a wire rack.
6. Prepare the frosting: In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until well-blended. Gradually add half (3 oz) of the melted CandiQuik and orange zest; beat until blended. Frost blondies. Sprinkle with cranberries. Drizzle with remaining (3 oz.) melted Vanilla CANDIQUIK®.
7. Cut into square or triangle-shaped bars. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
recipe slightly adapted from Recipe Girl.