Easter Coconut Macaroon Nests
1 (16 oz.) package Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
1 (14 oz.) package sweetened, flaked coconut
2/3 cup granulated sugar
6 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 egg whites, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon almond (or vanilla) extract
1. Melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK® in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to package directions.
2. Spoon Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating into mold cavities and let harden. Once hard, pop out chocolates and repeat (filling the mold twice).
3. Preheat oven to 325°F. Mix coconut, sugar, flour and salt in a large bowl.
4. Lightly beat egg whites and almond extract together by hand. Add to coconut mixture and mix well.
5. Drop by tablespoonful onto a baking sheet. Press a finger in the center of each macaroon to form an indent for the nest.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Place on a wire baking rack to cool.
7. Pop chocolate candies out of silicon mold and press one chocolate in the center of each macaroon.