Football Cake Pops
1 box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix)
1/2 of a (16 oz) container cream cheese frosting
2 packages (16 oz) Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
Styrofoam block (to set cake pops in while drying)
White cake writing icing or 4 oz. Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Roll cake mixture into 1” sized ovals and shape the ends into a football. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package.
5. Insert a lollipop stick into each cake ball. Dip cake pops in CANDIQUIK®; allow excess coating to drip off. Place in Styrofoam block to set.
6. Once dry, pipe on football stitches with cake writing icing or Vanilla CANDIQUIK®.
TIP: If cake bites become too soft or are not holding their shape while being dipped, place back in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.