Heart Cake Bites
1 box cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix)
1/2 cup cake frosting
Small heart-shaped cookie cutter
1 (16 oz) package Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
1 (16 oz) package Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
Pink sugar sprinkles & candy coating (for piping)
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
3. Make sure the cake mixture is packed tight. On wax paper, roll out to approximately ½ inch thick. You may need to smooth out any cracks with your fingers.
4. Cut out heart shapes with a small (1-1 ½”) cookie cutter.
5. Melt CANDIQUIK® in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to directions on package.
6. With a spoon, dip cake bites in melted CANDIQUIK®; set on wax paper.
7. Pipe a heart shape around the edges with vanilla candy coating and sprinkle immediately.