24 small candy canes
12 lollipop sticks
1 (16 oz.) package Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
Optional: red or pink food coloring (oil or powder based only)
1. Heat oven to 300° F.
2. Place two small candy canes (per sucker) together to form a heart shape; place on a greased cookie sheet. Place a lollipop stick in the middle of the candy canes.
3. Heat for approximately 3-5 minutes in the oven; they will become soft and start to bubble. Caution: very hot!
4. Remove from the oven and (with a pair of tongs or utensils) quickly pinch the top and bottom ends of the candy canes to the lollipop stick. Set aside until cooled; this should only take a few minutes.
5. Melt CANDIQUIK® in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to directions on package. Optional: Add a few drops of food coloring to the coating (oil or powder based only) if desired.
6. Place lollipops onto wax paper and spoon a small amount of CANDIQUIK® into the center of each sucker, smoothing out to fill into the edges. Sprinkle and decorate before coating is set.