Homemade Cadbury Eggs
1 (16 oz) package Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup butter
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
3 drops yellow food coloring
1. Mix the corn syrup, butter, vanilla and salt in a large bowl with a mixer until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar, mixing by hand after each addition. Stir until creamy.
2. Remove about 1/3 of the sugar mixture and place in a small bowl. Add the yellow food coloring; mix well.
3. Cover both mixtures and place in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until firm.
4. Remove the yellow mixture from the freezer and roll into marble-sized balls and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Place back in the freezer for 20 minutes.
5. Wrap a small amount of the white filling around the yellow balls. Form into the shape of eggs and place on the lightly greased baking sheet. Repeat until done and return to the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
6. Melt CANDIQUIK® in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to the package directions. With a spoon, coat creme eggs in CANDIQUIK® and place on wax paper to set.
TIP: If mixture gets too sticky or is not holding it’s shape, return to the freezer until very firm.