Homemade Walnut Joys
1/4 cup lite corn syrup
2 1/2 cups shredded coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Dash of salt
12 whole walnuts (or almonds)
1 package (16 oz) Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
1. Heat corn syrup in saucepan over medium heat until simmering, stirring frequently.
2. In a medium bowl, mix heated corn syrup with shredded coconut, vanilla and salt. Mixture will be thick and sticky.
3. With hands, form coconut mixture by the tablespoon into an oval about 2 inches long and 3/4 inch thick, packing firmly. Press walnut on top. Set on a wax paper lined baking sheet and place in freezer for 20-30 minutes.
4. Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to the package directions.
5. Place coconut bar on a fork and dip into the CANDIQUIK® Coating, use a spoon to pour coating over the top of the candy, covering it completely. Place candies on wax paper lined baking sheet to set.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature.