Ice Cream Cake Pop ‘Accidents’
1 box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix)
1/2 of a (16 oz) container vanilla frosting
40 waffle ice cream cones
2 packages (16 oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Roll mixture into 1″ sized balls. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Carefully cut the top of the waffle cones off, so the cones measure approximately 2 ½ inches tall.
5. Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package.
6. Press a cake ball on top of the mini waffle cone. Dip the top of the cake ball into the CANDIQUIK® by holding the end of the cone. Place on wax paper with the cone pointing up, allowing the excess coating to form a puddle. Sprinkle.
TIP: If cake bites become too soft or are not holding their shape while being dipped, place back in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.