Jalopeño Cake Bites
1 box white cake mix (plus ingredients required for cake)
1/2 of a (16 oz) container vanilla frosting
2 packages (16 oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
Green food coloring (oil or powder based only)
Pretzel sticks (broken into small pieces)
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Roll cake mixture into medium sized ovals and form into the shape of a jalopeño pepper. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package. Add green food coloring (oil or powder based) until desired color is established.
5. Dip cake balls in CANDIQUIK®; allow excess coating to drip off and place on wax paper to set.
6. Before set, press and hold a pretzel piece (approx. 3/4”) on the end of the cake bite as a stem.