Ladybug Cake Bites
1 box chocolate cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix)
½ of a (16 oz) container
2 packages (16 oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
Red food coloring (oil or powder based only)
Black food coloring (oil or powder based only)
Black cake writing icing
Confetti sprinkles (white)
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Roll mixture into 1″ sized balls. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Melt 1 package of Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package. Add a few drops of red food coloring (oil or powder based) until desired color is established.
5. Dip cake balls in CANDIQUIK® and place on wax paper to set.
6. Melt the remaining package of Vanilla CANDIQUIK®. Add a few drops of black food coloring (oil or powder based) until desired color is established.
7. Carefully dip half of each red cake ball in the black CANDIQUIK® and return to wax paper. Before the black coating is dry, press two confetti sprinkles on as eyes.
8. Once coating is dry, draw a straight line down the middle of the red coating with the cake writing icing. Draw black dots for the ladybug’s spots.