Lil’ Chick Cake Bites
1 box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients for mix)
1/2 cup vanilla frosting
2 (16 oz) packages Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
Yellow food coloring (oil or powder-based only)
1 box Nerds® candies
1 package sliced almonds
Flower-shaped sprinkles (orange)
Cake writing icing (brown)
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Roll mixture into 1″ sized balls. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to directions on package. Add yellow food coloring
(oil or powder-based only) until a light yellow color is established.
5. Dip cake balls in CANDIQUIK® and place on wax paper to set.
6. Before CANDIQUIK® has set, attach an orange Nerds® candy as the beak and two orange, flower-shaped sprinkles as the feet.
7. Insert two almond slices into the sides of the cake balls to form the wings.
8. Once set, draw two dots for eyes with writing icing.
TIP: If cake bites become too soft or are not holding their shape while being dipped, place in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.