Marshmallow Leprechaun Pops
1 package flaked coconut
Green and red food coloring (oil or powder based)
2 packages (16 oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
1 package Nilla Wafers®
24 large marshmallows
Pretzel Sticks and/or twists
Cake writing icings (yellow, blue)
1. Place coconut and a few drops of red & yellow food coloring in a plastic bag. Shake until all coconut is colored dark red.
2. Melt one package of Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package. Stir in a few drops of green (oil or powder based only) food coloring.
3. Dip Nilla Wafer® cookie in green CANDIQUIK®; place on wax paper.
4. Dip 12 marshmallows in green CANDIQUIK®; place in the center of the cookie. Use yellow icing to create a buckle and hat band.
Set hat aside.
5. Melt remaining package of CANDIQUIK® in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package.
6. Insert pretzel sticks into remaining 12 marshmallows and dip in Vanilla CANDIQUIK®; allow excess coating to drip off. Sprinkle red coconut onto marshmallow, leaving a small opening for the face. Place on wax paper to set.
7. Once set, create faces with writing icing.
8. Attach the hat to leprechaun head with a small dab of melted CANDIQUIK® Coating.
*Optional: To create leprechauns with bodies and feet, you will need 12 additional marshmallows. Dip marshmallows
in green melted CANDIQUIK® and set on top of pretzel twist. Attach head and hat to the marshmallow ‘body’ with a dab of CANDIQUIK®.