Olympic Torch Cake Pops
1 packages (16oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
1 box cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix)
8 oz. cake frosting
Orange (oil or powder based) food coloring
Waffle ice cream cones
8 Fruit-flavored rolls (cherry or strawberry)
1. Prepare flames by cutting fruit rolls into small (1″) flame-shaped pieces.
2. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
3. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
4. Roll mixture into 1″ sized balls. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
5. Chop the top of the waffle cones off, so the cones measure approximately 2 ½ inches tall.
6. Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package. Stir in orange food coloring until desired color is established.
7. Press a cake ball on top of the mini waffle cone. Dip the top of the cake ball into the CANDIQUIK by holding the end of the cone. Allow the excess coating to drip off.
8. Quickly apply the flame-shaped fruit pieces, beginning at the base and working towards the top of the cone. If the coating dries before all the flames are attached, use a toothpick to add more coating to the cone.
9. Stick cones into a Styrofoam block to set completely.
Note: this cake pop recipe will yield approximately 40 cake balls; it is suggested to reserve some of the cake balls for another project.