Peanut Butter & Jam Cake Pops
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup salted butter, softened
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
8 oz. cream cheese cake frosting
2 (16 oz) packages Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
Raspberry jam or preserves
Bamboo fork toothpicks or lollipop sticks
Wooden dowel (to create indent for adding jam)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
3. With an electric mixer, cream the butter, sugar and peanut butter together until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until each is well incorporated. Reduce speed to low and mix in greek yogurt and vanilla extract.
4. Gradually add the flour mixture; beat until just combined. Pour batter into a greased 13 x 9” pan.
5. Bake approximately 28 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let cool.
6. Once cool, crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
7. Roll mixture into 1” balls and place in the refrigerator until firm (approximately 30 minutes).
8. Remove mixture and use a wooden dowel to create a deep hole in the center of each cake ball; reserving 5 cake balls. Using a toothpick or small measuring spoon, spoon a small amount of jam into each hole.
9. Using the reserved cake balls, pinch a small amount off and use your fingers to smooth it over and seal the hole that is filled with jam. Place the jam-filled cake balls in the freezer for 15 minutes.
10. Melt CANDIQUIK® in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to package directions. Once melted, stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons of peanut butter into each package of coating. Transfer the CANDIQUIK® into a deep bowl.
11. Remove cake balls from freezer and dip the tip of the bamboo toothpick into the CANDIQUIK® and insert about 1/3 of the way into the cake ball. Dip cake pop immediately in the CANDIQUIK®, removing promptly. Allow excess coating to
drip off and set on wax paper to dry completely.