Pecan Pie Truffles
1 package Pecan shortbread cookies
1/2 of a (8 oz) package Cream cheese, room temperature
Scant ¼ cup Maple syrup
1 (16 oz) package Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
1 tsp Ground cinnamon
16 Pecan halves
1. In a large food processor, crush the pecan shortbread cookies until finely ground crumbs appear. Pour the cookie crumbs into a large bowl.
2. Combine the cookie crumbs, cream cheese and maple syrup until a soft dough has formed and no more crumbs remain along the bottom of the bowl.
3. Form 1″ balls of dough and place on foil-lined cookie sheet. Freeze the truffles for about 20-30 minutes or until firm.
4. Melt Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to package directions.
5. Stir cinnamon into melted CANDIQUIK® Coating. Gently coat each truffle using a fork, and place on prepared cookie sheet to set. Immediately top each truffle with a pecan half and allow coating shell to harden before serving.