Peppermint Cake Pops
1 box chocolate cake mix (plus ingredients required for cake mix)
1/2 of a (16 oz) container cream cheese frosting
2 (16 oz.) packages Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
1 1/2 cups round hard peppermint candies (finely crushed)
40 round hard peppermint candies
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Roll mixture into 1″ sized balls. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to directions on package.
5. Insert a lollipop stick into each cake ball. Dip cake pops in Vanilla CANDIQUIK®; allow excess coating to drip off. Dip cake pops in crushed peppermints and place on wax paper to set.
6. Once set, use a dab of CANDIQUIK® to attach cake pops to peppermint disks (see directions below).
For peppermint disks:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place candies on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until soft. Remove from oven and use the back of a spoon to press candies flat. Cool.
TIP: If cake balls become too soft or are not holding their shape while being dipped, place back in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.