Piggy Cake Pops
1 box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix)
1/2 of a (16 oz) container vanilla frosting
1 package Jelly Beans
2 packages (16 oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
Pink food coloring (oil or powder based only)
Pink M&M® candies
Black cake icing writer or edible marker
40 lollipop sticks
Styrofoam block (to place cake pops in while drying)
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Roll mixture into 1″ sized balls. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package. Add pink food coloring (oil or powder based only) until desired color is established.
5. Chop each jelly bean in half (the long way), these will be the ears. Press two jelly bean pieces on top of the
cake ball as ears.
6. Insert a lollipop stick into each cake ball. Dip cake pops in CANDIQUIK®; allow excess coating to drip off.
7. Before dry, press a pink colored M&M® on the center of the cake pop. Place in Styrofoam block to dry.
8. Once dry, draw eyes and nostrils using the edible marker or black icing.
TIP: If cake balls become too soft or are not holding their shape while being dipped, place back in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.