Pot O’ Gold Rainbow Cake Bites
1 box cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix)
1/2 container (8 oz ) cake frosting
2 (16 oz) packages Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
Air Heads® Xtremes sour candy
1 bag mini marshmallows
Styrofoam block (to set cake pops in while drying)
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Roll mixture into 1″ sized balls. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK® in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to the directions on package.
5. Insert a lollipop stick into each cake ball. Dip cake pops in melted CANDIQUIK®, allow excess coating to drip off; place in Styrofoam block until set.
6. Using Chocolate CANDIQUIK®, pipe on the handle and rim of the pot using a piping bag (or a plastic ziploc bag with one tiny corner snipped off).
7. Carefully remove the lollipop stick from your cake ball by twisting and gently pulling. Pipe a dot of chocolate CANDIQUIK® onto wax paper and place cake ball on top, this will form the base of the pot.
8. Cut your (Air Heads®) rainbow candy into 4″ strips. Pipe a line of chocolate on top of your cake ball and hold one end of the rainbow in the coating until set. Then poke a small hole and insert a toothpick directly behind the rainbow (the rainbow candy is very limp and will need assistance to stand up).
9. Fill in the top of the cake ball by piping with Chocolate CANDIQUIK®; quickly cover with gold sprinkles.
10. Grab a small handful of mini marshmallows and press together with your hands.
11. Use a dab of CANDIQUIK® to secure the opposite end of the rainbow candy in the middle of the marshmallow “clouds”.