Pumpkin Cake Pops
1 box carrot cake mix (plus ingredients required for cake)
1/2 of a (16 oz) container cream cheese frosting
2 packages (16 oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
Orange food coloring (oil or powder based only)
Assorted decorating sprinkles: triangle and leaf shaped
Black Americolor™ Gourmet Writer
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Roll mixture into 1″ sized balls. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package. Add orange food coloring (oil or powder based only) to CANDIQUIK® until desired color is established.
5. Insert a lollipop stick into each cake ball. Dip cake pops in Vanilla CANDIQUIK®; allow excess coating to drip off. Place in Styrofoam block.
6. Before coating is set, attach leaf sprinkles and 3 triangular shaped sprinkles as the eyes and nose. Once dry, use the black Gourmet Writer to draw the mouth.
TIP: If cake balls become too soft or are not holding their shape while being dipped, place back in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.