Red Velvet Layered Cheesecake
1 box Red Velvet cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix)
1 package (16 oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
2 packages (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 container (8 oz) whipped topping, thawed
1 package (3.4 oz) instant Cheesecake flavored pudding
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box, using 2 (8”) round pans. Cool completely.
2. Cut cakes in half horizontally (yielding 4 cakes total).
3. Melt CANDIQUIK® in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package.
4. In a large bowl beat softened cream cheese, Vanilla CANDIQUIK® and cheesecake pudding, mix until well blended. Fold in whipped topping and mix until well combined.
5. Carefully spread a thick layer of the cheesecake mixture on two of the cakes.
6. Layer the remaining cake halves on top of the cheesecake mixture.
7. Carefully spread remaining half of the cheesecake mixture on top and sides of assembled cake.
8. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
OPTIONAL: Cakes may be layered with more or less cake layers to create 2 cakes or 1 large (tall) cake.