Rosebud Cake Pops
1 box white cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix)
1/2 cup vanilla frosting
2 (16 oz.) packagesVanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
Red food coloring (oil or powder based only)
Styrofoam block (to set cake pops in while drying)
Green paper mache (leaves)
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Roll mixture into 1″ sized balls; pinching the top to form a slightly pointed shape. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to directions on package. Add a few drops of red food coloring in the melted CANDIQUIK® until desired color is established.
5. Insert a lollipop stick into each cake ball. Dip cake pops in CANDIQUIK®; allow excess coating to drip off. Place in Styrofoam block to set.
6. Once the cake pops are almost set, you can drizzle with additional CANDIQUIK® to form the flower petals.
7. For leaves: cut leaf shapes out of green paper mache and attach to lollipop with clear tape.
TIP: If cake balls become too soft or are not holding their shape while being dipped, place back in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.