Salted Caramel & Pecan Turtles – 2 ways
2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
16 pretzel snaps (optional)
16 caramel candies
1 (16 oz.) package Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
Garnish: a pinch of sea salt for each candy
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Arrange the pretzel snaps on a parchment-lined baking sheet; divide the toasted pecans on top of each pretzel snap or into 16 small piles directly on the parchment paper.
3. Flatten each caramel cube to approximately 1” square and place on top of the pecans.
4. Heat in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the caramel softens and begins to melt.
5. Remove from the oven; let cool.
6. Melt CANDIQUIK® in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to the package directions.
*For the pretzel version: drizzle each candy with chocolate coating.
*Sans pretzel: spoon a small amount of chocolate coating directly onto the parchment paper. Place the pecan/caramel candy on top of the chocolate. Drizzle with additional chocolate coating.
7. Top each candy with a few flakes of coarse sea salt.