Strawberry Shortcake Cake Pops
1 box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix)
½ cup buttercream frosting
2 (16 oz) packages Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
2 packets Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations (Strawberry Shortcake flavor)
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Roll mixture into 1″ sized balls. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to directions on package. Add 1 packet of strawberry flavored Frosting Creations to each package of Vanilla CANDIQUIK Coating; stir until blended.
5. Insert a lollipop stick into each cake ball. Dip cake pops in coating; allowing the excess coating to drip off. Place on wax paper and sprinkle. Let dry.
Tip: If cake balls become too soft or are not holding their shape while being dipped, place back in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.