Turkey Cake Pops
1 box spice cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix)
1/2 cup cream cheese frosting
2 (16 oz.) packages Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
1 bag candy corn
Sprinkles: red hearts and candy eyes
Styrofoam block (to set cake pops in while drying)
Optional: ½” pretzel pieces (legs)
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
3. Roll mixture into 1″ sized balls. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
4. While cake balls are cooling, prepare the “feathers” of the turkeys by gathering the candy corn and round crackers.
5. Melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK® in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to the directions on package. Dip crackers in CANDIQUIK® and place on wax paper. Before dry, attach 4 pieces of candy corn on the top edge of each cracker. Let set.
6. Melt remaining CANDIQUIK® in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to directions on package.
7. Insert a lollipop stick into each cake ball. Dip cake pops in CANDIQUIK®, allow excess coating to drip off; press a candy corn on the center of the cake pop as the nose, a heart sprinkle below the nose, and 2 eye sprinkles.
8. Before cake pop is completely dry, press and hold the chocolate coated cracker against the back of the turkey until set. Place in Styrofoam block to dry.
Optional: use a dab of coating to attach the pretzel pieces to the bottom of the cake pop as legs.
TIP: If cake balls become too soft or are not holding their shape while being dipped, place back in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.