Valentine Surprise Cookies
¾ cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 (16 oz.) package Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
Assorted candy, Biscoff Spread, Nutella, etc. (to fill cookies)
Edible marker (ex: Americolor™ Gourmet Writer)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Roll out dough on a well-floured surface approx. ¼ inch thick. Cut into shapes with cookie cutter. For the middle cookies: cut into shapes and cut a hole in the center of the dough.
4. Bake 6 to 8 minutes. Cool completely.
5. Melt Vanilla CANDIQUIK® in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to package directions. Dip the front side of each top & bottom cookie in CANDIQUIK®. Place on wax paper to set. (Leave middle cookies uncoated.)
6. Place remaining CANDIQUIK® coating in a piping bag or plastic bag with one corner cut off.
7. Pipe CANDIQUIK® around the edge of the bottom cookie; press middle cookie on top: fill with assorted candy or desired spread; pipe coating around the edge of the middle cookie and press on the top cookie.
8. To create envelope decoration: pipe on CANDIQUIK® as shown in the photo. Decorate with edible markers.