Wine & Chocolate Cake Bites
1 box Red velvet cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix, minus water)
Red wine (measure to replace water in cake recipe) + ¼ cup
1 cup Powdered sugar
½ cup Butter, softened
1 (16 oz) package Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
1. Bake cake according to package directions, replacing water in recipe with equal amounts red wine.
2. Cream butter with mixer and gradually add powdered sugar until mixed well. Stir in ¼ cup red wine.
3. Crumble cooled cake into large bowl. Add ½ cup frosting and mix thoroughly. Add more frosting if cake is crumbly and won’t stick together.
4. Roll cake and frosting mixture into 1″ sized balls. Chill for approximately 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
5. Melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt & Make%trade; Microwaveable Tray according to package directions.
6. Dip cake bites in melted CANDIQUIK® Coating and allow excess coating to drip off before placing on wax paper to set. (I like to use two forks for this so excess coating can easily drip through the tines)
7. Drizzle with remaining CANDIQUIK® Coating.