Margarita Cake Balls
1 box white cake mix
¼ cup vegetable oil
¾ cup tequila
7 tablespoons triple sec
2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 medium lime)
2 teaspoons lime zest (about 1 medium lime)
½ (16 oz) can White frosting
1 tablespoon Tequila
1½ teaspoons Triple sec
2 tablespoons Lime juice (about 1 medium lime)
1 (16 oz) package Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
Lime zest (optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients (cake mix through lime zest); mix well.
2. Bake according to package directions. Cool completely.
3. In a small bowl, combine frosting, tequila, triple sec, and lime juice. Mix well.
4. In a large bowl, crumble cake, add frosting mixture and thoroughly combine.
5. Roll mixture into 1-inch sized balls. Chill for approximately 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
6. Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt & Make™ Microwaveable Tray according to package directions.
7. Dip cake balls in melted coating; allow excess coating to drip off.
8. Place on wax paper and sprinkle with zest. Let set completely.